Collection of Personal Information
- If You wish to participate in certain of the forums, centers and communities made available on the Lavasoft Sites such as MyLavasoft and the Lavasoft Beta Center, Lavasoft may ask You to register a user account and to provide certain Personal Information which Lavasoft from time to time requires for Your participation in these forums and communities, including but not limited to Your e-mail address.
- If You have subscribed to Lavasoft newsletters, press releases and/or special offers through the Lavasoft Sites or elsewhere, Lavasoft will ask You to provide certain Personal Information such as Your e-mail address.
- If You submit an on-line order for any Lavasoft software products or services through a Lavasoft online store or through a Lavasoft third party sales partner You will be asked to provide certain Personal Information in order to be able to complete the purchase, such as name, postal address, e-mail and credit card details. Please note in this respect that the Lavasoft on-line stores are operated by third party e-commerce service providers, that such e-commerce service providers will own any Personal Information that You provide in connection with the purchase of Lavasoft software products and/or services and that such e-commerce providers' privacy policies will apply for any Personal Information that You provide through the Lavasoft online stores.
- If You request online support for any Lavasoft software products through the Lavasoft Sites, Lavasoft will ask You to register a user account and to provide information necessary in order for Lavasoft to provide appropriate support services, such as e-mail address, country of residence, license number, hardware and the type of problems that You are experiencing. Please note in this respect that certain support services offered via the Lavasoft Sites are not provided by Lavasoft, but by Lavasoft recommended support service providers.
- If You wish to take part of certain Lavasoft or third party offers for products and/or services at the Lavasoft Sites, You may be asked to provide certain Personal Information such as name and e-mail address. Please note that, for certain offers from Lavasoft partners, You will be redirected to the Lavasoft partners' sites to take part in the offer, in which case the Lavasoft partners' will own any Personal Information provided by You in relation to such offer and the Lavasoft partners' privacy policies will apply for any Personal Information that You may provide.
- If you decide to enroll into the Lavasoft referral program, You will be asked to provide information such as the first & the last name as well as your email address. This information will be used for tracking and communicating back to You the completion status of your referrals.
Please note that Lavasoft does not control, does not review and has no responsibility for the privacy policies of its service providers or co-operation partners. Lavasoft therefore encourage You to read such service providers' and/or partners' privacy policies thoroughly before You submit any Personal Information to such third party service providers and partners.
You decide in Your sole discretion whether You want to proceed with any activity on the Lavasoft Sites that requires You to provide Personal Information to Lavasoft and Lavasoft's service providers or partners. Please note, however, that if You choose not to provide the requested information You may not be entitled to pursue the requested activity or otherwise use the full functionality of the Lavasoft Sites.
Use of Personal Information
Lavasoft will use and process Your Personal Information solely for the following purposes:
- If You have registered an account for any Lavasoft forum, centers or communities, including but not limited to MyLavasoft and the Lavasoft Beta Center, Lavasoft will use the Personal Information provided through the user account in order to provide the relevant services. Including to alert You of events relating to Your participation in the relevant forum, center or community; contact You relating to administrative tasks relating to Your user account and send password reminders upon Your request.
- If You have chosen to subscribe to Lavasoft newsletters, press releases and/or special offers, Lavasoft will use the Personal Information that You provide in connection with such subscription for the purpose of providing You with such newsletter, press releases and/or special offers. You can unsubscribe from the Lavasoft newsletters, press releases and/or special offers at any time by using the unsubscribe form.
- If You have purchased Lavasoft software products, Lavasoft will use Your Personal Information to provide You with important user information relating to the specific Lavasoft software products that You hold a license for as well as to provide You with license specific information, including but not limited to notices on when the license is about to expire and software update information.
- If You have registered an account at the Lavasoft Support Forum, Lavasoft will use the Personal Information provided through the user account in order to provide the relevant support services. Lavasoft may also use the Personal Information You provide to contact You relating to administrative tasks relating to Your user account and to send password reminders upon Your request.
- If You accept an offer for Lavasoft or third party products or services on the Lavasoft Sites, the Personal Information provided by You to Lavasoft in relation to such offer (if any) will be used for the provision to You of such products or services.
- If you have enrolled into Lavasoft Referral Program, the information you provided (first & last name as well as email) will be used for tracking the status of your referrals and communicating it back to You. Your information is secure and confidential. No information will be shared with third parties.
Please note that any and all information, discussions, opinions, blogs, postings, ideas, feedback and other communications and materials of any kind that You post, upload, submit or otherwise make available within the various forums, centers and communities on the Lavasoft Sites or elsewhere on the Lavasoft Sites will be considered public information and will not in any way be treated as confidential information.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
Lavasoft shares Personal Information with the aforementioned third party service providers, however the Lavasoft service providers are required by agreement to keep any and all Personal Information received from Lavasoft strictly confidential and the service providers have no rights whatsoever to use any such Personal Information in any way other than for the purpose for which it was received by Lavasoft. Accordingly the service providers are not allowed to use any Personal Information received for direct marketing purposes or to share the Personal Information with any other third parties. Further, the Lavasoft service providers are required to adopt appropriate security measures in order to protect such Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration.
We may share your personal information with any of our parent companies and affiliated companies. In addition, we may disclose your personal information with third parties, as follows:
- In the event that we sell Lavasoft, Ltd. or the Lavasoft Sites, in which case we may disclose Your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Lavasoft or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Lavasoft about You will be one of the assets transferred; this includes a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, or other change of control;
- We may share information in other situations with your consent.
Lavasoft may further share with third parties aggregate statistical information, i.e. information which does not identify You as an individual, but refers to certain Lavasoft users in aggregate. Examples of such aggregate statistical information include the number of users that downloaded a specific product or number of users that clicked on a particular advertisement.
Security of Personal Information
Lavasoft takes reasonable technical, physical, administrative and managerial procedures, and employs security measures and safeguards to protect Personal Information that is stored on Lavasoft’s servers.
Where Lavasoft has given You (or where You have chosen) a password which enables You to access certain parts of the Lavasoft Sites, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask You not to share a password with anyone. If you believe Your password or account has been compromised, You must notify Lavasoft immediately at Support.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use commercially reasonable technical, physical, administrative and managerial procedures, security measures and safeguards to try to prevent unauthorized access to, and to preserve the integrity and security of, your personal information.
California Privacy Rights
We do not provide Your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, if You are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits You to request, once a calendar year, information regarding the disclosure of Your Personal Information by Lavasoft to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2015 will receive information regarding 2014 sharing activities). To make such a request, please write us at: support
Lavasoft further recognize the particular importance of protecting the privacy of children and Lavasoft is committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet. Lavasoft does not generally target children and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If Lavasoft would discover that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided Personal Information through the Lavasoft Sites or if Lavasoft is contacted by a verifiable parent or legal guardian about his or her child's participation on the Lavasoft Sites, Lavasoft will delete the Personal Information about the child from Lavasoft's active user records.
Links to Other Sites
On the Lavasoft Sites You will find various links to the web sites of certain Lavasoft partners as well as offers for such partners' products and services which direct You to such partners' web sites. For the avoidance of any doubt, Lavasoft is not responsible for the content, business practices or operations of such web sites. Please note that these partners have their own privacy policies. If You link to our cooperation partners' websites from any of the Lavasoft Sites we encourage You to read such partners' privacy policies before You submit any Personal Information on their sites. The presence of a link to Lavasoft partners' websites does not constitute or imply Lavasoft's endorsement, recommendation, or sponsorship of the content, goods, or services available through, or contained on, such partners' websites.
Access to and Corrections of Personal Information
In order to keep Your Personal Information accurate, Lavasoft depends on You to amend Your user account(s) to include updated contact details. Registered users may update their user accounts by accessing them electronically through the Lavasoft Sites. If you wish to ascertain which of Your Personal Information Lavasoft stores and/or to which third parties such stored Personal Information have been provided, please send a written request by email to [email protected] or by mail to the postal address of Lavasoft provided below. The request which shall be sent to the attention of Lavasoft's Privacy Agent shall be signed by You and shall include proof of identification such as Your full name, postal address, e-mail address (including previous e-mail addresses that You have used on the Lavasoft Sites). Lavasoft will make reasonable efforts to respond to such requests within one (1) month from receipt thereof, provided however that such request is provided no more frequently than once a year. In the event any incorrect or false Personal Information has been stored relating to You, You may further request Lavasoft to correct, block or delete any such incorrect or false Personal Information.
Please note that if You request that Lavasoft delete certain Personal Information relating to You, You may no longer be entitled to continue to pursue certain activities at the Lavasoft Sites and/or to otherwise use the full functionality of the Lavasoft Sites.
Information Collected by Ad-Aware Web Companion
When you first install Ad-Aware Web Companion, you are asked if you like to share information about your computer with Lavasoft.
With your consent, Ad-Aware Web Companion will gather the information described below. The data will be encrypted locally on your machine and sent securely to Lavasoft where reasonable efforts will be made to secure and protect this data.
Lavasoft will analyze this data to help us improve detection for potentially unwanted programs. That’s it! We will not use this data for anything other than improving how Lavasoft products protect our users.
We won’t share this data with any third parties or use it for marketing purposes. The data will remain at all times with Lavasoft and will be available to authorised staff only purely for research, analysis and statistical purposes whose sole aim is to improve protection for our users.
This action is will be only be completed once. We won’t gather any of your personal information and we won’t create a profile that is tied to you personally As far as our systems and analysis of this data is concerned, you are completely anonymous. You’re under no obligation to share this data but by doing so you will be contributing in a real and meaningful way to make our products better for all.
Data that will be collected:
- • DisplayName
- • DisplayVersion
- • Publisher
- • Install Location
- • Install Source
- • UninstallString
- • QuietUninstallString
- • ExternalUninstalString
- • Uninstall sub key
- • URLInfoAbout
- • URLUpdateInfo
- • HelpLink
- • Readme
- • Service Name
- • Certificate subject for service executable
- • Service Display Name
- • Service State
- • Service Start Mode
- • Service Executable Path
- • Service Caption
- • Service Description
- • Process Executable Location
- • Process Certificate Subject
- • System (i.e. Windows)
- • Release (e.g '7')
- • Service Pack
- • Version
- • Architecture (32/64)
- • Locale
- • IP Address
Last updated: October, 2015.